Healing Adrenal Fatigue 101: A Day In The Life (And A Proven, Cutting-Edge Protocol)
Living in these fast-paced days of uncertainty causes much stress, which is not easy on the adrenal glands.
The adrenals are two tiny glands that sit above your kidneys. They are no bigger than the size of a grape, and they are responsible for your life force and all your energy.
When the adrenals are tired, the body may experience a significant number and variety of symptoms.
Western medicine does not recognize adrenal fatigue, only Addison's disease, which is when the adrenals are no longer functioning at all.
However, if we can assess the level of their functioning and bring them back up to an optimal level, your life can be renewed, energy restored, and you can feel completely transformed.
Healing adrenal fatigue is possible!
Now, let's take a look at the long list of symptoms one can deal with while in a state of adrenal fatigue.
The Most Common Symptoms Caused By Tired Or Worn Out Adrenal Glands
- Excessive sweating or perspiration with little activity
- Lower back pain and/or knee weakness or pain, especially on the side
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Muscle twitches
- Low blood sugar
- Heart palpitations
- Sensitivity to light and/or difficulty seeing at night
- Craving for salt
- Low stamina for stress and easily irritated
- Chronic infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast)
- Low blood pressure
- Light-headedness upon standing up
- Tired but wired feeling
- Poor sleep
- Exhausted all day and then come alive with energy at night
- Cravings for sweets/carbs
- Intolerance to alcohol
- Premature aging
- Dry, unhealthy skin with excess pigmentation
- Lack of libido
- Cystic breasts
- Tendency to startle easily
- Negative response to thyroid hormone
If you suspect you might have tired and worn out adrenals, we recommend getting a 4-point saliva test and addressing it right away.
Adrenal glands are vital to your immune function, and they also help the thyroid to function properly.
Natural Ways To Support Your Adrenals
- Get some sleep. Getting proper rest is essential for healing adrenal fatigue. That means going to bed every night by 10:00 p.m. Make this a priority and stick with it. Your adrenals need their beauty sleep!
- Eliminate sugar and processed carbs. Sugar and simple carbs (junk!) put stress on the adrenals. Your adrenal glands help to regulate your blood sugar levels and eating too much refined sugar can cause bloating and water retention.
- Eat clean animal protein, organic fruit, root vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, and healthy fats
- Quit the coffee habit and drink plenty of fresh filtered water daily with essential trace minerals added
- Eat a breakfast that contains protein and healthy fat within one hour of waking every day. Try our favorite breakfast smoothie or our Adrenal Healing Creamsicle
- Watch the video above to see a sample meal and snack day in the life of healing adrenal fatigue
- Take adaptogenic, calming herbs and licorice tincture
- Take magnesium before bed with your blood sugar-stabilizing snack
- Make sure you're taking a good multi-strain probiotic
- Add essential trace minerals to your water
- Work on building cellular energy by eating frequently during the day
- Consider taking desiccated liver pills to support both your liver and cellular energy
- Read Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome, by James Wilson where you will learn about other supplements that can help
Read The Adrenal Reset Diet, by Dr. Alan Christensen where you will learn how to further amend your diet for healing and resetting your circadian rhythm
Need More In-Depth Support For Healing Adrenal Fatigue?
While the above list is definitely a great starting place, we realize that you might need a more structured, in-depth healing protocol.
If this resonates with you, we now offer an online program for healing adrenal fatigue.
It’s called The Adrenal ReCode.
It’s our most powerful and personal program to date, as it’s truly the culmination of my own “Whole Journey” – mind, body, and spirit.
The Adrenal ReCode is a cutting-edge, food-based clinical program designed to help you free yourself from chronic anxiety, exhaustion, depression, insomnia, and overwhelm by teaching you how to ReCode your adrenals, rejuvenate your thyroid, nourish your brain and heal your nervous system, which allows the body to create lasting hormonal balance.
Enrollment for The Adrenal ReCode 8-week course is now re-open by popular demand.