How To Balance Hormones & Prevent Breast Cancer Using Food Alone
This is the focus of my next program, to help others create a new nervous system by nourishing their adrenal glands, thyroid and their nervous system in a profoundly new and permanent way using food alone.
Today, my good friend and hormone expert Magdalena Wszelaki joins us on a brand new Randy and Christa Show to discuss how to use food to balance your sex hormones with a special focus on breast cancer prevention.
If you are interested in ANY of these topics, today’s show is for you:
- Get a healthy menstrual cycle back without symptoms
- Float through perimenopause or menopause with grace
- Overcome estrogen dominance (and unnecessary weight gain and mood issues)
- Prevent breast cancer by detoxing “dirty” estrogen regularly
- Fibrocystic breasts – a key warning sign
Something to note:
85% of American breast cancer is due to estrogen dominance versus genetic breast cancer. This means we have tremendous power to prevent it.
Protect Your Hormones By Eliminating Plastics And Toxic Skincare Products
Magdalena helps us understand the “dirty” estrogen, namely from plastic and toxic skincare.
We always suggest you upgrade your materials and use glass instead of plastic where food and drink is concerned. Don’t drink out of plastic water bottles (use glass water bottles instead) and never heat up plastic. This also goes for your to-go coffee cups—don’t use the plastic lids because they can be pro-estrogenic as well. We also suggest using a reusable coffee mug with a silicone top and drinking out of glass straws or stainless steel straws for your smoothies.
Whatever you put on your skin gets absorbed and can contribute to or detract from health, so make sure you’re using a clean, organic skincare line.
Our top four favorite skincare lines (I use things from each of them) are:
Get Stress Under Control For Healthy, Balanced Hormones
We’ve only begun to understand the toxic, corrosive effects of chronic stress on all aspects of health, but especially on our hormones. We don’t have a shot at having balanced sex hormones if we are constantly over-producing stress hormones.
Magdalena explains something called the pregnenolone steal, a behind the scenes biochemical process that happens under extensive stress. Pregnenolone is the hormone in the body that progesterone and cortisol are made from. We need progesterone to feel calm and peaceful, to sleep deeply, and to have vibrant glowing skin.
When we’re under excessive stress, the body “steals” pregnenolone to make cortisol and progesterone does not get made. Progesterone deficiency leads to estrogen dominance.
Eliminate Excess Estrogen By Giving Your Liver A Boost
The health of your liver determines how well you can detoxify excess estrogen. We should poop out our excess estrogen if the liver is doing its job well enough, but often the liver is too overburdened to do so.
Foods to support the liver include:
- Broccoli sprouts
- Dandelion greens (put them in your green juice)
What Are The Symptoms Of Estrogen Dominance?
- Painful periods that last longer than 5-7 days
- Terrible PMS
- Bad moods (want to rip someone’s head off?)
- Thyroid nodules
- Excess fat and cellulite around the hips and thighs
- Fibrocystic breasts – ropey, lumpy breasts
- Fibroids and endometriosis
To use food to detox estrogen, load up on broccoli sprouts at 1 cup a day (clinical studies prove they work!), as well as pomegranate seeds, and cruciferous vegetables.
8 Tips For Natural Breast Cancer Prevention
Here is a recap of the ways you can help yourself in order to prevent breast cancer:
- Eliminate plastics (including hidden ones)
- Use only clean skincare products
- Take steps necessary to reduce chronic stress in your life
- Eat foods that help the liver detoxify itself
- Balance your hormones after each pregnancy
- Eat foods that support the body’s natural way of producing progesterone: zinc (oysters and shellfish), arginine (chickpeas, lentils, and salmon), Vitamin E (sunflower seeds and avocados), and Vitamin B6 (salmon and bananas).
- Eat several cups of cruciferous vegetables daily to help the body detoxify excess estrogen. Examples include Brussels sprouts, broccoli sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Add magnesium as a supplement and eat foods high in magnesium like cashews and cacao.
How To Cook Your Way To Balanced Hormones
Pick up Magdalena’s cookbook Cooking for Hormone Balance and cook from it regularly to balance your hormones. The recipes are delicious and the book is highly educational!
Remember friends, there is nothing more powerful out there for your health than food. Hippocrates, the father of natural medicine, spoke about this 3,000 years ago and nothing has changed.
Using bio-identical hormone therapy can be helpful (I’ve used it), but nothing will usurp the power of food. Food is your foundation for healing. It takes life to create life and food is life, so let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.