Castor Oil: Nature's Beauty Tonic (For Fine Lines, Eye Lashes & Brows)
Ladies, do you agree that it’s difficult to be a woman who is aging in today’s society?
We are constantly barraged with ads on television and social media for creams, lotions, potions, and new technology. They’re often expensive and can make you feel a bit like you’re chasing your tail with them.
On today’s episode of Food as Medicine, we show you a safe, effective, inexpensive, and easy beauty tool that has been used for 6,000 years.
It’s castor oil – an ancient oil that heals but has also been used as a tonic for sleep and beauty. It’s amazing and I have been using it for over 15 years since I started doing this work!
Today, we’re joined again by Naturopath, Dr. Marisol Tejero who has dedicated most of her career to castor oil.
We recently shared a show with her on how to use castor oil to help heal your adrenals, thyroid, and digestive and immune systems. You can find that show here.
But today it’s all about beauty and we teach you how to use castor oil to naturally reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and to help your eyelashes and eyebrows grow better.
Why You Should Use Castor Oil In Your Beauty Regimen
1. There Is No Other Oil With All Of Its Healing PropertiesAs Dr. Marisol explains, there is no other oil that possesses all the healing properties of castor oil. It can help you:
- poop better
- sleep better
- cleanse better
- bloat less and digest better
- stress less and feel better
- improve the appearance of the skin and growth of the eyelashes and eyebrows
2. It Is THE Only Oil That Can Help You Achieve Beauty From The Outside-In AND The Inside-OutDid you know that glutathione, your body’s master antioxidant, and detoxification agent, has been used to treat darkening of the skin and liver aging spots? When you use castor oil on your skin, it stimulates your liver to produce more glutathione, which is beauty from the inside-out. BUT it simultaneously works to reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the skin, which is beauty from the outside-in. Pretty amazing, right?
3. It Is The Only Oil That Penetrates Deep Into the DermisCastor oil is able to penetrate deep into the dermis of the skin because 90% of the oil is composed of ricinoleic acid, which can penetrate our tissues and actually enter into our circulatory and lymphatic systems, bringing nourishment and stimulating blood flow. You may be wondering why this is important. Let’s take your eye area, as an example. This area gets very little blood flow. Any tension or restriction in the neck can restrict blood flow to that area, which is one of the reasons why we age faster around the eyes. Because castor oil travels deep into the dermis, it will nourish your eye, eyebrow, and eyelash areas. It can tighten your skin and give your eyes that fresh look. This is a natural and inexpensive alternative to cosmetic procedures and advances your health at the same time, which is what we are all about at The Whole Journey.
4. It Is the Best Carrier Oil For Essential OilsWe know many of you love essential oils for their many therapeutic benefits. Dr. Marisol notes that castor oil is the best carrier oil to use with essential oils. Because it penetrates the dermis, it brings the essential oils into the circulatory and lymphatic systems, allowing you to experience a therapeutic effect throughout your body.
Choosing The Best Castor Oil
Choosing a quality castor oil is key to maximizing its therapeutic benefits. Be sure to choose an oil that is:
- in a glass bottle – plastic bottles can be pro-estrogenic and can affect the oil’s quality
- hexane-free – ensures that the oil has been processed without the use of chemicals
- extra-virgin and cold-pressed – ensures no heat was used that could damage any of the oil’s components
Dr. Marisol shows you how Queen of the Thrones is different from regular castor oil, which allows you to use less of it than normal.
For those of you who found that castor oil packs did not work for you in the past, it may be because of the quality of the oil.
Be sure to watch the show for a demonstration on how to use castor oil effectively. This is something that’s safe and effective for everyone, except for those pregnant and nursing.
If you want to get in on the castor oil revolution, go to thewholejourney.com/castoroil to find the products we discuss in today’s show.
Take this free, 3-minute quiz to find out if you’re struggling with the #1 problem most Doctors don’t know about, yet 24,000 research papers link it to symptoms like: Exhaustion, Brain Fog, Weight Gain, Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Constipation, Bloating, Food Sensitivities, and more…