5 Healing Foods To Calm & Ground You
That's why we're focusing on how we can heal from within, allowing us to enjoy life in a calm, peaceful, and grounded state.
No matter what is going on around you, I promise it’s possible.
We Are Living In Fight-Or-Flight
You may not realize it, but what’s happening is a consistent and unnecessary release of stress hormones (cortisol and adrenaline), which desensitizes our cells to insulin (our blood sugar-regulating hormone) and prevents our cells from converting the food we eat into the fuel we need to make energy, which leaves us tired, hangry, overweight, anxious, and sleepless.
We need to stop living off stress hormones and start living in balance.
Outsmarting Fight-Or-Flight With Food
One way we can start to combat the fight-or-flight response is by using metabolic (easy-to-digest) foods aimed at interrupting this pattern so that we’re no longer living off of stress hormones and instead begin to live off of the nutrients provided in life-giving, medicinal, easy-to-digest food.
Today I wanted to share three easy action items from our Adrenal ReCode program that include metabolic foods you can quickly implement to begin your healing process today!
3 Easy Action Items To Start Healing Now
1. Start the day with our Morning Elixir
Morning Elixir Recipe:
Drink first thing or within 30 minutes of waking up
- 16 ounces of room temperature or warm water
- The juice of 1⁄4 of a fresh lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon of melted raw honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (if you can’t find fresh ginger, use 1⁄8 teaspoon organic dried ginger)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
Combine in a cup or glass and stir well before drinking.
2. Eat a balanced breakfast within one hour of waking up:
Egg Drop Soup Recipe:
- 8-12 oz of chicken or beef bone broth
- 1 whole egg (only egg yolk if you are sensitive to eggs)
- Pour broth into a pot to heat.
- Drop one egg and stir.
- Pinch of salt for taste.
Have your Egg Drop Broth with 1⁄4 cup cooked apples or pears without the skin or you can substitute 1⁄2 of a papaya, 1⁄2 cup pineapple, or 1⁄2 cup mango.
Breakfast Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup full-fat greek, sheep, goat, or coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pasture-raised collagen
- Sprinkle with Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of pineapple, mango, or kiwi OR 1⁄4 of a cup of cooked apples or pears without the skin.
Optional: Add 1 heaping tablespoon ReCode Trail Mix with goji berries, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raw cacao, and dried mulberries.
3. Have a sleep-promoting snack before bed:
Try our carefully crafted golden milk that targets macronutrient balance or the banana sleep remedy that helps progesterone and serotonin production. Both shut off the stress response and quell inflammation in different ways.
Golden Milk Recipe:
- 12 ounces of organic raw milk or 100% grass-fed/grass-finished milk or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Gaia Herbs Golden milk powder or
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric with a 1⁄8 teaspoon of black pepper mixed in.
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of organic (raw) honey
- 2 tablespoons collagen
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pink salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon
Heat over medium, stirring the whole time until all ingredients are blended, melted, and warm.
Banana Sleep Remedy Recipe:
Eat 1⁄2 of an organic banana, rolled in a 1⁄8 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt with 10 raw cashews before bed.
These 3 easy things will bring about huge changes in a few days, or for some of you, in a few hours.